Monday, March 31, 2014

delicious roasted sweet potatoes


We eat a lot of sweet potatoes, but I had been getting bored with our usual baked and mashed dishes. I decided to try toasting them, and they are now my new favorite way to prepare sweet potatoes.  This is an incredibly easy, yummy side dish. A little bit of oil and some salt is all it takes to enhance the flavor, and roasting really brings out their sweetness, giving them slightly crispy edges while keeping the interior really soft. They almost taste caramelized. I love this dish. It's super easy, tastes great and cooks pretty quickly.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

I N G R E D I E N T S :

3-4 sweet potatoes
XVOO or coconut oil
Salt (I use sea salt)


D I R E C T I O N S :
Preheat oven to 425
Rinse, peel and dice potatoes.
Place potatoes in a bowl and coat in a small amount of XVOO.
Spread potatoes in a baking pan (I line my pan with parchment paper-just check to make sure yours is okay for that high of a temperature if you decide to use it).
Sprinkle generously with salt.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges are browned and insides are soft, tossing once during cooking.

No comments: