Thursday, April 04, 2013

Easy Baked Tilapia with Vegetables


We've been eating fish more lately, and I recently tried this super simple tilapia recipe. It took two minutes to put together and had a good flavor. This is a great meal for a week night when you don't want to spend a long time in the kitchen. Serve with rice or potatoes and you have an easy meal!

Easy Baked Tilapia
From here at Allrecipes.com
Makes 4 servings

I N G R E D I E N T  S :
4 tilapia fillets
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste (I just sprinkled it on)
1/2 tsp garlic salt, or to taste
1 lemon, sliced
1 (16 oz) package frozen cauliflower with broccoli and red pepper (I used cauliflower, broccoli, carrots)

D I R E C T I O N S : 
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Grease a 9x13" baking dish.
Place the tilapia fillets on the bottom of the baking dish and dot with butter. 
Season with Old Bay seasoning and garlic salt.
Top each one with a slice or two of lemon (I actually just squirted the lemon juice on).
Arrange the frozen mixed vegetables around the fish, and season lightly with salt and pepper (I do not recommend seasoning the vegetables with Old Bay because they get a little spicy).
Cover the dish and bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily with a fork.

No comments: